Cross Connection & Backflow Info

Find a Backflow/Cross-Connection Tester

Need to have your irrigation or other water system backflow or cross-connection device tested?  Click here for a list of certified testers.


Installing a New Irrigation System?

The city requires an irrigation system inspection permit to be obtained if you are installing a new irrigation system. Please contact Krista Gannon at 541-938-8270 or to obtain the permit. The permit requires a fee be paid of $94.88 before work begins (Resolution No. 2519) and that you contact us once work is complete to inspect that the backflow device was installed correctly. You are required to have the backflow device inspected by an Oregon State Certified Backflow Inspector each year. For more information on State mandated requirements and certified testers, please click here to visit their web page


Installing a New Fountain Drink Dispenser?

These units also require a backflow device to prevent carbonated water from entering the City's water system.  Please visit the EPA's or the Oregon Health Authority's websites to learn more about cross-connections and backflow prevention.