Frequently Asked Questions


What is the address of City  Hall?
722 Main Street
Milton-Freewater, OR 97862

What hours is City Hall open?
We are open Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

How do I contact someone at City Hall?
For general inquiries you can fill out our contact form, or see our staff directory

How do I start a new business?
For information on starting a new business, or if you have questions please visit our Starting a New Business Page

How do I start new utility services?
Stop by our Finance Department during our open hours or call us at 541-938-5531

How do I pay my utility bill?
Stop by our Finance Department during our open hours, or pay online with Xpresss Bill Pay

How do I report a Power Outage?
During working hours (7am to 4pm) please call the Electric Department 541-938-8232. After hours call dispatch at 541-938-5511

What is the Police Non Emergency Number?
541-938-5511. If this is an emergency dial 911

How do I get a pet license? 
See our Dog Licensing Page

How do I request Public Records?
Fill out our Records Request Form and a staff member will be in contact to process your request

How do I request Police Records?
Fill out our Police Records Request Form or call Dispatch at 541-938-5511 for more information

How do I get a library card?
Stop in anytime the library is open to fill out an application. Library cards are free, but you will need to provide identification with a current address